Job Title: Marketing Manager
Job Type: Part Time (20 hours/week – a few nights & weekends)
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Start Date: January 28, 2019
Reports To: Bravo Waukegan Executive Director
Location: Bravo Waukegan Office – Gorton Center, 400 East Illinois Road Lake Forest, IL
Bravo Waukegan, a non-profit in Lake Forest, IL, is seeking a part-time Marketing Manager. Bravo actively supports the students of Waukegan public schools by partnering with the fine arts administration to fund opportunities to grow through music. We provide resources for supervised, creative programs that take place in-school, after-school and during the summer.
We are seeking a collaborative individual who will be comfortable with a diverse range of marketing and communications responsibilities; including but not limited to, the management of Bravo’s website, social media presence and supervising the creation of all graphics and printed materials. We provide a fun, team-centered work environment that exposes members to a wide variety of non-profit professional experience.
- Management of Bravo’s online presence including our website and all social media outlets.
- Branding and creation of written copy and graphic design work for all printed and web materials for the organization. For example, Bravo’s annual appeal letter, online newsletters, brochures, programs, event materials, etc. For larger projects this involves coordination with freelance designers and print companies to execute the finished project, but the Marketing Manager must create the vision and concept for marketing materials by themselves.
- Creation and execution of quarterly electronic newsletters as well as email invitations and other reminders sent to Bravo database.
- Writing press releases and developing relationships with media contacts to continuously promote Bravo events and programs.
- Update photos, video content and student/teacher/parent testimonials for promotional materials.
- Management of supporter database including emails, addresses and other pertinent information used to advertise events, fundraisers, etc. to our base.
- Administrative tasks—including but not limited to—management of internet, website and software contracts.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to communicate and work cooperatively with a diverse range of individuals
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently under own direction
- Strong writing skills for appeal letters, press releases, website & social media copy, etc
- Technical experience and ability to work with social media, website software and computer design software
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, WordPress, Publisher, Dropbox, MailChimp, Facebook and Instagram
- Previous media & communications experience required, small non-profit experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
Send resume, cover letter and a sample of your work to email@example.com. Note: the position is not eligible for benefits.