We are seeking a Director to manage and lead Bravo’s summer music camp, Bravo Buddies, in Waukegan. The Director oversees the camp as a whole. This position will collaborate with a Lead Teacher whose job it is to hire and train teachers and serve as their point person.
The camp is Bravo’s largest running program, with a staff of student teachers and over 80 campers. Private lessons are taught to elementary and middle school students by talented high school and college music students, Monday through Thursday, and on Friday the entire camp convenes for a shared musical experience. These experiences are often fieldtrips.
In This Role You Will:
- Work closely, collaboratively with the Lead Teacher in delivering the program (Lead Teacher supervises teachers)
- Help promote the program to Waukegan principals and music teachers
- Help recruit student teachers through band and orchestra teachers
- Help interview and hire student teachers
- Implement the Waukegan school district’s safety program
- Collaborate on Music Fridays curriculum, contract/schedule/implement
- Collect sign-ups and tuition fees
- Help create and/or update program materials such as: sign-up sheets, posters, teacher contracts, training materials and other related documents
- delivery of instruments from the school district to the camp facility
- distribution of instruments at camp
- instrument contracts
- instrument collection and inventory at the end of camp
- Build and maintain relationships with parents of students
- Organize Ravinia Festival field trip, including promoting it, coordinating sign-ups, logistics, busing
- Plan and execute with the Lead Teacher a final camp-wide picnic
- Facilitate parent/student surveys, student teacher surveys and reflections
- Write a final program summary, using past summaries as a guide
- Function as a Bravo team member, interacting with Bravo staff, volunteers, and funders
- Must be proficient in –
- Google docs
- Microsoft Office Suite, Dropbox
- Excellent organization
- Have a deep passion for music and education
- Have a flexible schedule
- Possess excellent communication skills
Bravo Waukegan is a non-profit organization located in Lake Forest, serving the music program of Waukegan public schools. Bravo Buddies will celebrate its 8th year in the summer of 2018.
This position is an independent contractor position and the hire will be required to submit a W-9 form. Weeks leading up to camp consist of flexible hours. During camp, the position is 30plus hours a week (8:30am to 3:00pm). It is estimated that total hours will be 150 to160 hours.
Employment start/end: May 28, 2018 to July 27, 2018
Must have transportation, camp is located in Waukegan
Must have a bachelor’s degree or pursuing one
Proficiency in Spanish a plus
Look up Bravo Buddies on our website and if you are interested in applying for the positon, please submit your resume and cover letter to Bravo@bravowaukegan.org. If you have questions you may email or phone us (847-722-5821). Our offices are located at 400 E. Illinois Rd., Lake Forest, IL 60045.