Bravo Buddies Teacher Application
Bravo Waukegan is excited to offer summer teaching positions to qualified, high school, college and graduate student musicians!
Bravo Buddies is a wonderful program that matches young Waukegan musicians with advanced students from the Midwest Young Artist Program, area high schools, and colleges for private summer instruction.
Bravo Buddies 2022 Details:
- Student teachers will provide in-person instruction this summer. Lessons are free of charge for all elementary and middle school students interested.
- Student teachers will receive mentoring by a professional teaching artist (musician).
- Student teachers focus strictly on scheduling lessons and instruction.
- Student teachers will be required to participate in an in-person orientation on June 9th, the time and location to be announced.
- Camp is scheduled to be held between June 13 and July 8.
- Lessons will take place Mon/Weds or Tues/Thurs for students.
- Fridays bring the entire camp community together for fun events such as field trips, guest artist workshops, and a possible student concert as an ending to four weeks of music learning.
- The program is coordinated by Bravo.
Interested in teaching for Bravo Buddies 2022? Here’s how:
Bravo Buddies Teacher Job Description
Bravo Waukegan is a non-profit organization that partners the Waukegan School District and supports its various music programs. Bravo raises money to help the district with special programs, field trips, and development of new programs. The Bravo Buddies summer camp provides individual private lessons to elementary and middle school students during the summer and includes special Friday activities. The program has grown from serving 30 students to over 150 students each summer.
- Student teachers are expected to provide professional, creative lessons to Bravo students. The lessons should be a positive learning experience. Teachers should engage and inspire their students during the lesson.
- Teacher promptness is mandatory. If a teacher has an emergency, please contact the program director immediately for support.
- Teachers are expected to be positive role models for students. This includes appropriate dress and behavior. Dress can be casual but appropriate.
- Focus should be on student learning, and developing a mentoring relationship during lessons.
IT IS IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER THAT THE TEACHER SERVES AS A ROLE MODEL AND NOT A PEER OR FRIEND.
- During the program, staff may be asked to work as a group on a particular project or activity with their students.
- All teachers are expected to work on the Fun Fridays and will be compensated for these days.
- Staff is responsible for finding a substitute when necessary within the Bravo Buddies network of teachers.
- Time Sheets: Teachers should complete a weekly time sheet with progress notes written for each student. Lesson time is to be accounted for each student and submitted to the program director at the end of each week.
- Teachers will communicate with parents regarding the progress of their students.
- Communication is important!!! Please communicate any student concerns with the program director.
- Participation in any scheduled staff meetings is mandatory.
- Staff orientation will take place before the start of the program. We will provide the exact hours so please plan that day accordingly.